Mangalore is a city in Karnataka that is most famous for the cashew and coffee exports. Chiefly used as a port city, Mangalore has some of the best beaches in the area. If you are looking for a quick weekend getaway or a short trip with your family to relax yourself, read through this article. We have mentioned the top 5 beaches in Mangalore city and what they are famous for. Make sure that they top your to-visit list.
Panambur Beach, Mangalore
- Famous For: Unbelievably clean beach, Sightseeing, Adventure and Water Sports, Sea Food, Photography, Sunset Point, Experience Seeking and Wandering, Connoisseurs.
- Entrance Fee: Rs60 for Indians and Rs350 for foreigners.
- Visiting Time: Remains open from 10AM to 5PM throughout week except Wednesdays.
- Visiting Duration: Between 3 to 4 hours is the average time of duration that you might spend here.
Surathkal Beach, Mangalore
- Famous for: Clean Quiet beach, Sunset and sunrise viewpoint, Sightseeing, Adventure sports, Water Sports, Adjoining Engineering College, Photography, Mythological Significance, Experience Seeking and Wandering, Connoisseurs.
- Entrance Fee: You pay nothing to explore and admire the sea beach here.
- Visiting Time: From 6AM to 6PM, this beach is pretty much open throughout the day inviting the wanderers whenever they feel like getting a breath of fresh yet and a beautiful view of the tides.
- Visiting Duration: Between 2 to 3 hours is the average time of duration that you might spent here. But it totally depends upon personal interest and taste.
Pilikula Nisargadhama, Mangalore
- Famous for: Sightseeing, Boating facilities, Pilikula Botanical Garden, Arbetorium, Pilikula Golf Course, Zoo, Theme Park, Manasa Water Park, Picnicking Adventure, 3D Theatre, Eco-tourism, Educational site, Connoisseurs, Ayurveda Health Therapy Centre.
- Entrance Fee: You pay a separate fee at all checkpoints. Fee of Rs125 for video cameras and Rs30 for still camera are taken; Botanical museum and Arbetorium are free of cost. Average fee for entry of children is Rs20 and Rs50 for adults, while foreigners pay Rs100.
- Visiting Time: From 8:30AM to 5:30PM, the Pilikula premises remain open to public. The Biological Park opens at 9:30AM. The Sasya Kashi, Heritage Village, Nisarga Dharma Office, Science Centre opens at 10:00AM. The Water Park opens at 10:30AM. The Botanical Museum and Nisarga Dharma Office remain closed on Sundays. The rest branches are closed on Mondays except for the water park which is open for all 7 days
- Visiting Duration: Between 8 hours to a whole day.
Gokarnanatheshwara Temple, Mangalore
- Famous For: Religious Site, Architecture
- Entrance Fee: NIL
- Visiting Time: 6 AM to 7 PM
- Visiting Duration: 2 Hours
Mangaladevi Temple, Mangalore
- Famous For: Pilgrimage, Goddess Shakti, Indian Mythology, Religious History
- Entry Fees: Visit to the temple is completely free of cost.
- Visiting Time: The timing to visit the temple is divided throughout the day, which is as follows: Morning- 6:00am to 10:00am, Noon- 12:00pm to 1:00pm and Evening- 4:00pm to 8:00pm, Fridays- up till 9:00pm, Everyday. Pooja timings are: Morning- 6:00am, Afternoon- 1:00pm, Evening- 8:30pm, Fridays- 9:00pm
- Visiting Duration: It typically takes less than an hour to visit the temple space, on a normal day. However, during festivals like Navaratri, the temple may be crowded and it may take longer, depending upon the crowd.
St. Aloysius Church, Mangalore
- Famous For: Tourism, Christianity, Art, Painting, Chapel.
- Entrance Fee: The entry to this century old museum is free for people of all age from all the parts of the world.
- Visiting Time: the St. Aloysius Church remains open from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm on all the days of the year, including the public holidays.
- Visit Duration: Visit duration is close to an hour. However, you may have to spend a little more time if you want to attend a mass.
10 Greatest Resorts in Mangalore for a Memorable Retreat
A stunning harbour city on the western coast of India, Mangalore is located in the southern state of Karnataka. The city is often called the ‘Gateway to Karnataka’ because of its widely used and historically central port. The city has had an extensive and interesting past and has been ruled by the Vijaynagar Empire, Keladi Nayaks, Kadambas, Alupas, the British, and the Portuguese.
Top 6 Tourist Attractions In Mangalore (Mangaluru)
One of the cleanest cities in India, Mangalore is an important business center and is known for its amazing beaches, seaports and a diverse culture. The region which contains Mangalore has been ruled by various dynasties and empires from the ancient times such as the Kadambas, Rashtrakutas, Chalukyas, Vijaynagar Empire, Portuguese and the British. The city gets its mention in the writings of the Arabian traveler Ibn Batuta in the 14th century as well. Being a historically important place Mangalore is a famous tourist attraction. Here’s the list of the best places you must visit in Mangalore.