Tamil Nadu is a land rich in heritage and culture. Also, it suffers from no lack of opulence if any sort. Therefore, it is clear that when these two combine for festival, the gala that results are unlike any other. There are a lot of festivals round the year that are exclusive to Tamil Nadu, there are harvest festivals, dance festivals or those that are centred around the glamorous temples. One thing’s for certain, they never fall short of attractions, be it the gorgeous decor material, festivities or the grandiose cuisine exclusive to them. Bear with us a s we count down the top 7 of these, then hop over and get a taste for yourself! [Read more…] about Top 7 Festivals of Tamil Nadu
The charismatic city of Chennai is blessed with immaculate beaches, mesmerizing breezes, heavenly temples and an incredible aura that covers this place at its best and the blend of nature and modernity is what tempts and draws tourists to Chennai all over the year. This coastal region of South India is not only known for its spectacular temples but the seashores that constitute the very striking quality of Chennai. So, here, we will explore the waterfalls situated in and around the city of Chennai where you can head for a weekend getaway or picnics and just enliven yourself amidst the bliss of nature that Chennai possess! [Read more…] about Top 10 Waterfalls Near Chennai
Tamil Nadu is an astonishing state replete with marvelous temples which brilliantly styled in their architecture and a divine characteristic that is profound of this quaint destination. Each grandiosely built shrine has its own wonderful legend and with temples situated in mostly every part of this religious state and the sea-shore bordering the surroundings, it sometimes appears like a magical dreamland of revered holy places. The locals are also religious and the food here is mouth-watering, Tamil Nadu really calls for an extending vacation where you can exhaust yourself by discovering the sacred temples and spending the rest of your days pondering over the coastal lines. So, here we are to make the expedition task easy for you as below is the list of the most famous temples in Tamil Nadu that should be visited to immerse oneself in the divine yet skillful aura of this amazing land! [Read more…] about 5 Most Famous Temples in Tamil Nadu
- Famous For: Tourism, Experience seekers, Art and Architecture.
- Entrance Fee: For adults, the entry fee is 10 INR and for children it is 2 INR. For carrying a camera or a video camera, you will have to pay extra charges. The charges are 25 INR and 1000 INR respectively.
- Visiting Time: Padmanabhpuram Palace remains closed on all Mondays and other National holidays. From Tuesday to Sunday, the museum opens at 9 AM and closes at 5 PM
- Visit Duration: Approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- Famous For: History, Tourism, Experience seekers and Photography.
- Entrance Fee: There is no entry fee charged to tourists and visitors. You will only have to pay for the ferry ride.
- Visiting Time: Open on all days of the week from 9 AM to 4 PM
- Visit Duration: Approximately 1-2 hours.
- Famous for: History, Architecture, Serenity
- Entrance Fee: No fee for this place of worship
- Visiting Time: 5:30 AM to 12 noon and then from 4PM to 9 PM
- Visit Duration: 1 hour to 2 hours