Mangalore is a city in Karnataka that is most famous for the cashew and coffee exports. Chiefly used as a port city, Mangalore has some of the best beaches in the area. If you are looking for a quick weekend getaway or a short trip with your family to relax yourself, read through this article. We have mentioned the top 5 beaches in Mangalore city and what they are famous for. Make sure that they top your to-visit list. [Read more…] about Top 5 Beaches in Mangalore
- Famous For: Unbelievably clean beach, Sightseeing, Adventure and Water Sports, Sea Food, Photography, Sunset Point, Experience Seeking and Wandering, Connoisseurs.
- Entrance Fee: Rs60 for Indians and Rs350 for foreigners.
- Visiting Time: Remains open from 10AM to 5PM throughout week except Wednesdays.
- Visiting Duration: Between 3 to 4 hours is the average time of duration that you might spend here.
- Famous for: Clean Quiet beach, Sunset and sunrise viewpoint, Sightseeing, Adventure sports, Water Sports, Adjoining Engineering College, Photography, Mythological Significance, Experience Seeking and Wandering, Connoisseurs.
- Entrance Fee: You pay nothing to explore and admire the sea beach here.
- Visiting Time: From 6AM to 6PM, this beach is pretty much open throughout the day inviting the wanderers whenever they feel like getting a breath of fresh yet and a beautiful view of the tides.
- Visiting Duration: Between 2 to 3 hours is the average time of duration that you might spent here. But it totally depends upon personal interest and taste.
- Famous for: Sightseeing, Boating facilities, Pilikula Botanical Garden, Arbetorium, Pilikula Golf Course, Zoo, Theme Park, Manasa Water Park, Picnicking Adventure, 3D Theatre, Eco-tourism, Educational site, Connoisseurs, Ayurveda Health Therapy Centre.
- Entrance Fee: You pay a separate fee at all checkpoints. Fee of Rs125 for video cameras and Rs30 for still camera are taken; Botanical museum and Arbetorium are free of cost. Average fee for entry of children is Rs20 and Rs50 for adults, while foreigners pay Rs100.
- Visiting Time: From 8:30AM to 5:30PM, the Pilikula premises remain open to public. The Biological Park opens at 9:30AM. The Sasya Kashi, Heritage Village, Nisarga Dharma Office, Science Centre opens at 10:00AM. The Water Park opens at 10:30AM. The Botanical Museum and Nisarga Dharma Office remain closed on Sundays. The rest branches are closed on Mondays except for the water park which is open for all 7 days
- Visiting Duration: Between 8 hours to a whole day.
- Famous For: Religious Site, Architecture
- Entrance Fee: NIL
- Visiting Time: 6 AM to 7 PM
- Visiting Duration: 2 Hours
- Famous For: Pilgrimage, Goddess Shakti, Indian Mythology, Religious History
- Entry Fees: Visit to the temple is completely free of cost.
- Visiting Time: The timing to visit the temple is divided throughout the day, which is as follows: Morning- 6:00am to 10:00am, Noon- 12:00pm to 1:00pm and Evening- 4:00pm to 8:00pm, Fridays- up till 9:00pm, Everyday. Pooja timings are: Morning- 6:00am, Afternoon- 1:00pm, Evening- 8:30pm, Fridays- 9:00pm
- Visiting Duration: It typically takes less than an hour to visit the temple space, on a normal day. However, during festivals like Navaratri, the temple may be crowded and it may take longer, depending upon the crowd.