- Famous For: Tourism, Experience seekers, Nature lovers, Photography.
- Entrance Fee: Per head the entry fee for adults is 10 INR and 2 INR for children below the age of 12. The parking fee for vehicles is very nominal too.
- Visiting Time: Blossom Park is open on all days of the week from 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Visit Duration: If you want to make the most of your visit, try spending an entire day to cover the Blossom Park.
Located at the heart of Munnar, the Blossom Park is famous for the scenic beauty and natural aspect. The park has flower gardens and many fun activities. If you planning to go to Munnar, do not miss out on this spot.
- Littering inside the Blossom Park is illegal. Do not throw plastic bottles or bags inside the park.
- Visitors are not allowed to touch the flowers in the garden or even pick them.
- Do not forget to carry your camera to capture all the beautiful moments.
- Make sure that you are wearing comfortable clothes and shoes. Going around the park takes some time and being uncomfortable will only be a hindrance to all the fun.
- Do not try to take a bath in the artificial waterfalls.
- Try making necessary arrangements to go back to your hotel after completing the trip. If you are relying on public transport, it is best to leave by 6 P.M.
Things to Do
- Trekking is a major attraction in the Blossom Park. It is best for people who would like to explore the place.
- Do grab your binoculars if birds interest you. There are different varieties of birds and add to the beauty of the place.
- Boating is another fun activity in the park. You can spend time with your friends and family and make memories for a lifetime.
- If you love to spend some time alone, just grab a book and sit on one of the park benches. The serenity of the place will relax your mind.
- Apart from all other activities mentioned above, roller skating, playing badminton, nature walk etc. can be a favourite pastime for most tourists.
Availability of Guides
You cannot hire a guide for taking you around the park. There are boards and banners that will guide your way and if you wish to go on a trek, there are options available. You can always read a few blog posts or articles on the internet to know more.
Best Time to Visit
The winter months (November to February) get chilly. The temperature falls sharply but if you enjoy the cold, it will make up for a great vacation.
During the months of March to May, the temperature is a little higher with occasional rainfall. Sight-seeing is best during this time of the year.
The monsoon witness’s heavy rainfall and most tourists try avoiding this time. If you are looking to spend some quiet time, rainy season is the best. The atmosphere is wonderful with fresh air and greenery all around.
How to Reach
The nearest airport is the Kochi International Airport which is approximately at a distance of about 122 kilometres from Munnar. The best way to get to Munnar is by hiring a car or taxi.
The Blossom Park is very close to the city of Munnar and reaching there is no hassle at all.
If you are willing to take the railway facilities, you can either get down at Kochi station or the Angamaly station for convenience. Take a bus or taxi to the city of Munnar from there.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About the Blossom Park
- The Blossom Park in Munnar is a renowned tourist spot. It conducts flower shows during the monsoons that display the variety of flowers growing the area.
- A huge play area is built for children which includes swings and ropeways.
- The total area is about 18 acres and most people come to spend an entire day in this park.
- Floriculture centre
- Elephant Arrival Spot
- The Christ Church
- Tata Tea Museum
- High Range Club
- Rose garden
- Echo Point
- Saravan Bhavan
- Royale Café-Copper Castle
- The Silver Tips
- Sn Restaurant
- Rapsy restaurant
- Eastend Munnar Dining
The Blossom Park in Munnar is the perfect place to spend your day with friends and family. It will calm your mind and refresh your soul.