- Famous for: Photography, monuments, sight-seeing
- Entrance Fee: No entrance fee
- Visiting Time: 9AM-7PM
- Visit Duration: 1 hour.
This beautiful tourist destination set amidst the backdrop of Dalhousie, is a wonderful stopover for those craving for some peaceful aura and a delightful getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. Panchpula is one of those few destinations in India where you can visit any time throughout the year. Let it be the summer, monsoons or winters, Panchpula is a delight for all those who are dying for a vacation away from stress and tension.
- Better carry comfortable clothing appropriate for the season.
- Book well in advance for accommodation, especially during the peak season.
- I would advise you to hire a local guide to make the most of your trip.
- Pack handy medicines and first aid kits, just to be safe.
Things to Do
- Plan a picnic near the Panchpula Water Falls.
- Spend some quality time in the Satdhara Springs.
- Panchpula is not short on trekking trails, so trekking into the lush dales of Panchpula is a delight.
Availability of Guides
Even though there are many local guides available, I would suggest that you hire someone well in advance after contacting the tourism website. You need someone with local insight and knowledge and to make sure that you are in safe hands.
Best Time to Visit
It is one of those few destinations which you can visit at any time of the year. Panchpula is a wonderful destination which is pleasant throughout the year. The only thing I would suggest is that, if you want to see the waterfalls and springs in full swing then you better head over to the place in the monsoons.
How to Reach
Book a train to Chakki Bank Railway Station and this is your safest bet to reach the region in comfort. The railway station is only a mere 45 kms away from Panchpula. From here you can avail, local transportation or arrange a private taxi to reach Panchpula.
Interesting Facts and Trivia about Panchpula
- Panchpula is the major source of water for Dalhousie and other surrounding regions.
- This hill station is blessed with numerous water-falls and fresh water springs.
- Streams of Panchpula are famous for its medicinal properties and healing powers.
- With narrow winding paths covered with dense forestry, the region is a favorite spot for trekkers.
- Panchpula is the place where Sardar Ajith Singh breathed his last.
- Saint Patrick’s Church
- Sach Pass
- Satdhara Springs
- Chamera Lake
- Garam Sadak
- Rang Mahal
- The Church of Saint Francis
- Dainkund Peak
- Aqua Blue
- Anupam Sweets
- Tawa Restaurant
- Pizza Hut
- Chokni Dhani
- Masala Grill
- BBQ Paradise
This favorite hill station little touched by modernity is a delightful getaway which never ceases to surprise you. The place is always alive owing to its dense greenery and roaring waterfalls. They fall in different heights and connect with numerous streams and rivers. Always in a sense of calm beauty, Panchpula is a must visit place in Dalhousie.